Monday 25 March 2013

24th March

I have a camera. A nice camera, an expensive camera, a DSLR camera. It's a Canon EOS 450D. It's a camera that I really like and have used to take some photos that I'm really proud of.

I also have a job and a part of my job is taking photos with a really similar, but not identical, Canon EOS 400D. As it turns out, doing something in your job makes it less interesting to do the same thing in your leisure time (there's a shocking revelation).

Also, in unconnected news, I turned 29 yesterday. Now this, in itself is not a fact that concerns me a great deal. I'm not significantly different today to how I was yesterday and I wasn't significantly different yesterday to how I was the day before. However, it seemed like a convenient coincidence enough to convince me that starting a new project today would be fun.




One of the strangest, but also funniest Birthday cards I've ever received
 
It's not a particularly original project, but it sounds like fun all the same. I'm going to take my camera and take a new photo every day for a year. Well, that's the plan anyway.

What do I hope to achieve here? Hopefully I'll get back into the habit of using my camera for fun. Hopefully I'll also learn how to use my camera better. Perhaps I'll get better at spotting good opportunities to take shots. Maybe I'll just become really good at arranging my stuff to make unusual still lifes. Whatever happens, I really hope that I finish my project and that I create an unusual and interesting account of the last year of my twenties.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment