Thursday 28 March 2013

28th March

I wandered into town today to see what I could find and ended up down by the river, taking photos of an unusual looking bird.


As I sat taking my photos a chap with a dog wandered by and told me he'd never seen one like it. Another chap came by and the three of us chatted for about ten minutes about the bird, what it was, why it seemed to be so tame and whether it had a partner around somewhere.

I moved to take the photos from another spot and then another man came by and asked me what it was. He assumed that I was knoweldgeable about birds because I was stood there photographing it. I had to admit that I didn't know but that I was going to look it up.

On getting back, I'm fairly certain that it's a Little Egret. They're certainly not unheard of in the UK but they aren't the most common bird either. Not bad, considering I was only planning to get shots of the landscapes and bridges down on the river. I'll save that idea for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment